"and I remember the skin of your fingers
the spot three quarters up I'd always touch
when I was out of things to say
you held my hand,
but you were too afraid to speak,
you were too afraid to speak
and I could never understand
and I remember the way that you dressed
and how we wasted all the best of us
in alcohol and sweat
and I remember when I knew
that you'd be leaving,
how I barely kept up breathing
and I bet,
if I had to do it all again,
I'd feel the same pain
it must be true what people say
that only time can heal the pain
I still remember,
how it all came back together
just to fall apart again
my dear, I hear your voice in mine
I've been alone here, I've been alone here
I've been afraid, my dear, I've been afraid, my dear
I've been at home here, you've been away for years
I've been alone
I breathed your name into the air,
I etched your name into me
I felt my anger swelling,
I swam into its sea
I held your name inside my heart,
but it get buried in fear
and if I do not miss a part of you,
a part of me is dead
if I can't love you as a lover,
I will love you as a friend"

Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen